Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I write on this too much.

On the bus on the way home from Sinchon, I came to a realization.

I really love Korea.

I love how pretty it is.
I love how easy it is to get around and how cheap the public transportation is.
I love how family-oriented everyone is and how even the cab drivers tell you to be safe when dropping you off at night.
I love how the subway tracks have permanent openings that you would never find in the U.S. because people might fall in and/or sue.
I love the weather right now.
I love the massive amounts of food carts on the sides of the roads.
I love how shopping in the subway is normal.
I love the way it's perfectly normal for a college-age male to hold his grandpa's hand while walking in the street.
I love how when you buy things here a lot of places give you free stuff.
I love how Koreans understand the word "suh-tuh-rah-bae-ri" but not "strawberry."

I really think I want to come live here for a few years after I graduate and become fluent in Korean.

I know this was a random post. Killing some time between classes. Chillin with the cleaning lady, who has finally come to service our apartment! Yay for hotel-like living conditions :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, welcome home to asia!

    Love you Patttyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so cute.
    strawberry. love it.

    ReplyDelete