Saturday, December 19, 2009

The End.

So we kind of did a sucky job keeping up with the blog towards the end of the semester but I think that shows how much fun we were having in Korea. This has been one of the best experiences of my life, and I can't begin to describe the amazing people I was able to meet here. This exchange was definitely more than I thought it would be. I was hesitant at first to come because I thought I knew everything about Korea--it wasn't a "foreign" country to me. I also thought that everyone here was going to be Korean-American. I was wrong on both accounts. This exchange has really opened my eyes to Korean culture. I now wish I had immersed myself in it more. And the people here... What coincidence it is that we were all brought here together for these few months. It was inspiring to see people who had no Korean heritage try so hard to learn more about Korea and learn the language. It was amazing how fast friendships formed and I hope I have made life long friends during my stay here...

No comments:

Post a Comment